But today Stone-Pelting(SP) has taken a completely different form.
- Today SP symbolizes the unrest among the youth of a state in which it(youth) constitutes more than 50% of the population.
- SP proves that unrest among the youth of the state or nation is the last thing that a government can afford.
- SP symbolizes the way the weak protest against the mighty state that fails to connect with the people of the state.
- SP defines the culminating point of the downfall of a minister who was considered as the most successful young politician to one whose political future is in question.
- SP has become a menace which the army can neither face nor suppress. Restraining is the only option that they have. I can't even call it an alternative, since that is the only way.
- Now it is forcing the minister who had distanced himself from the crowds, to try so hard just to get their acceptance.
I am a big fan of Omar Abdullah.( Don't ask me why? He was young, he was charismatic and he looked to be a promising politician in making) And I felt let down after his fall in popularity. :(
But the way he handled himself when a shoe was hurled at him, reiterated my faith in him.
Omar's response : "I am not upset that a person protested. The fact that he threw a shoe and not a stone, speaks for itself"
That was commendable. He used a thoughtless action of a person, to send a strong message to the people of J & K. Though it was a nice message that he sent across and in a very good way, that in itself is not sufficient. People of J & K expect a lot of actions from him. It is the time he deliver his promises.
I feel that Omar got few things wrong in his journey and he definitely paid for them. But i strongly feel that has the ability to correct them and move on. And taking this as an opportunity to connect with the masses of the valley state and understand their situation and the problems they are facing(which no one has done till date) if he can work out an amicable solution that will be his way to stardom and immortality. And thousands of good wishes of the masses of the valley state which are genuine.
And genuine wishes will never go un-realised.
Caveat : So does the genuine curses.....